Super Healthy Frosted Lemonade
On a warm summer’s day, there’s nothing like a big glass of refreshing Frosted Lemonade. But the store bought version, usually made with lemonade and ice cream, are loaded up with sugar and turn what could be a simple snack into a very unhealthy drink. So with summer on its way, I thought I would try to make my own homemade version that is little healthier. I swap sugary lemonade for fresh lemon juice and switched the ice cream for the frozen yogurt.The great thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t taste like you are missing out at all. Our few simple swaps have made this drink a lot healthier without compromising on the taste!Here the recipe.
- 3 lemons
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 to 2 TBS Honey (sugar, maple syrup)
- Juice the lemons and add the juice to a blender with the ice. Blend until the ice is completely crushed, adding a little of the water at a time to help it all come together. If any big bits of ice remain then just discard them.
- Add the frozen yogurt and blend again. If the mixture is still too thick then add another splash of water.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.