Red Velvet Oreo Balls
Red Velvet Oreo Balls made with just 3 ingredients & perfect for Mother’s Day! Made in minutes and so delicious, no one can guess they’re made with Oreo cookies!
- 1 package Red Velvet OREO Cookies finely crushed
- 8 oz. brick cream cheese softened
- 2 1/2 cups melting chocolate
- DRIZZLE: 10 red melting chocolate wafers + 5 semi sweet chocolate chips
- Crush the OREO cookies. I used a small food processor, but you can use a blender, or you can place the cookies in a sealed plastic bag and smash them with a meat mallet! I found that the blender worked best when I did half the cookies at a time, rather than trying to crush all 36 at once. Use a fork to stir the mixture up between blends to get the finest consistency.
- Mix the crumbs with the cream cheese until well blended.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure out about 1.5 TBSP of the cookie mixture and roll each scoop into a ball. Place Oreo balls on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- *Freeze the balls for about 20-30 minutes before dipping.
- Melt the candy coating or baking chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute 20 seconds. Stir gently until smooth, returning to the microwave in 15 second increments, if needed.
- Dip each ball in the chocolate and place back on lined pan.
- Place red melting wafers + semi sweet chocolate chips in a sandwich bag. Microwave for 40 seconds. Gently massage the bag to combine the colors. Snip a tiny corner of the bag and drizzle chocolate onto each Oreo ball. Sprinkle with Valentine’s sprinkles, if you’d like.
*Don’t skip this step! The balls need to be chilled before you dip them in the melted chocolate. If they aren’t chilled, you will end up with a lot of crumbs in your melting chocolate and they won’t look quite as pretty! You’re welcome to divide the directions into 2 parts and make the truffles the day or night before, then dip them in chocolate the next day.