Quick and Easy Hummus
The Healthy Dip. Hummus, that creamy dip that hails from the Middle East, has a reputation as a clean, healthy food. Chickpeas, hummus’s main ingredient, give you protein, good-for-you carbs, and fiber.
- Sesame seeds 1 cup
- Olive oil ¼ cup
- Chickpeas boiled 2 & ½ cup
- Garlic cloves 3 to 4
- Lemon juice 2 to 3 TBS
- Salt 1 TSP to taste
- Water 1 to 2 TBS
- Olive 2 to 3 for garnish
- Paprika ½ TSP
- To prepare tahini paste, toast sesame seeds in the dry pan for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame until seeds are fragrant and color change (light brown not too much dark).
- Add toasted seeds in a blender and add ¼ cup olive oil and blend well it became the creamy paste. ½ cup of Tahini paste is ready which you can keep in the refrigerator in an airtight jar for a month.
- To prepare hummus, in tahini paste add chickpeas, garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt gradually and blend.
- Blend well and scrap side in between and again blend. Keep repeating until it is creamy and well mixed. Hummus is ready. Add water according to your desired consistency. We added 2 tablespoons of water.
- Now dish out hummus, make well with a spoon and drizzle olive oil and paprika. Add 1-2 black or green olive for garnish.
- You can refrigerate hummus in an airtight container for up to a week. Enjoy!