Peri Peri Bites
Nandos Peri Bites! These are delicious spicy jalapenos filled with chicken and cheese, coated in breadcrumbs for a fantastic crispy crunchy finish. An amazing appetizer! This is a nice addition as the side dish in your party.
- Chicken breast 1cup (boil the breast piece and shred it )
- Bullet green chili 15 (cut the top and deseed them)
- Breadcrumbs 3 to 4 cups(or as much required)
- Cream cheese 1/2 cup
- Mayonnaise 1/2 cup
- Salt 1/4 Tsp
- Crushed red chili 1/2 Tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbs
- Peri Peri sauce 1 to 2 TBS
- Plain flour 3 TBS
- Corn flour 2 TBS
- Egg 2 to 3 (or as many required for dipping)
- Salt 1/2 Tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl add the shredded chicken, cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, crushed red chili, lemon juice, Peri Peri sauce mix well keep aside.
- Cut the top of the green chili and deseed them.
- Now add the chicken stuffing in the green chili.
- In a separate bowl add the corn flour, plain flour, salt 1/2 tsp, mix well and keep aside.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and keep aside too.
- Now add the stuffed green chilies in the flour mix then dip it in the egg and then roll it in the breadcrumbs, repeat this for all the chilies, cover and keep in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, heat the oil and fry them till golden on medium flame.
- Serve hot with mayonnaise, ketchup. Enjoy!