Koftas in its simplest form is ground meat/mince balls mixed with onions, spices and cooked in rich aromatic sauce till they soak all the goodness. I make the very very easy version of these and they taste equally amazing as those difficult recipes you can find on the internet.
- Beef mice ½ kg
- Onion 3 to 4 (finely chopped)
- Tomato puree 1 can
- Ginger garlic paste 2 TBS
- Salt t ½ TBS
- Red chili powder 1 TBS
- Turmeric powder 1 TSP
- Coriander powder 1 TBS
- Cumin 1 TBS (roasted and crushed)
- Whole spices powder 1 TSP
- Egg 2 (hard boiled)
- Green Cardamom 2
- Bay leave 1
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Cloves 2 to 3
- Green chilies
- Coriander leaves
- Chicken cube stock 1
- In a pot put oil, add onions sauté until light brown, add ginger garlic paste sauté well, add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and mix well. Half onion of the onion set aside in another bowl.
- In remaining half onion add whole spice mention below, add thick tomato puree, chicken cube stock and 2 glass of water let it cook in slow flame.
- In another bowl add well-chopped mice, halved onions, chopped coriander leaves and green chilies mix well this mixture, roll and make golf size koftas.
- Add all the koftas in the gravy gently, covered and cook for 15 minutes in low flame.
- Hold the pan in the handle roll the koftas gently shake to turn even ensure the cook.
- Add hard boil eggs in this and sprinkle cumin powder. Enjoy!