Delicious Gulab Jamun
A classic Pakistan and Indian sweet or dessert that is very famous and is enjoyed in most festive and celebration meals. … Gulab jamun is berry sized balls dunked in rose flavored sugar syrup.
- Lassa khoya 250 grams or ( 1 cup powder full-fat milk and 1 TBS flour)
- Baking soda 1 pinch
- Salt 1 pinch
- Flour 1/3 cup
- Egg ½
- Water 2 cups
- Sugar 1 & ½ cup
- Kewra water 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 Tsp
- To make syrup, in a pan add water and sugar and cook until it becomes a sticky syrup. Now turn off the flame and add kewra water, cardamom powder, lemon juice and mix well.
- In a bowl take Lassa khoya and crumble it well with your hands. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and egg and mix well to a smooth dough. It needs kneading for at least 6-8 minutes.
- Now make small balls of the same size. Make sure they are smooth and have no cracks.
- Heat ghee, and add balls and fry gently and stir continuously. Make sure ghee is not very hot otherwise gulab jamun will not cook well from inside or will burn.
- When gulab jamuns becomes golden, add them directly to hot syrup. Make sure syrup is hot (not burning hot).
- Repeat frying process. Add all gulab jamuns in syrup and leave them for 60 minutes
- Garnish with pistachios and serve.Enjoy!
You may also be interested in: