Chicken Fajita (Restaurant Style)
The BEST chicken fajitas! Marinated chicken breasts seared quickly and served with seared onions and bell peppers, and flour tortillas. They’re perfect for busy weeknight supper or a fun weekend meal! Chicken fajitas are always a crowd pleaser!
- Chicken breast 2 pounds (skinless and cut into strips)
- Red bell pepper 1 (cut into thin strips)
- Green & yellow bell pepper 1 ( cut into thin strips)
- Onion 1 medium (cut into thin strips)
- Olive oil 3 TBS
- Lemon juice 1 TBS
- Red chili crushed ½ TBS
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper ½ teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Place the chicken in a sealable bag. Place the peppers and onion in a separate sealable bag. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, chili powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic in a jar with a screw top or tight-fitting lid. Shake until well combined. Pour ⅓ over chicken, ⅓ over vegetables and reserve the remainder in the jar for using when cooking the chicken fajitas. Seal the bags tightly and refrigerate for one hour to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour vegetable bag into the skillet and cook until just tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skillet to a plate and add chicken strips to the same skillet. When the chicken is cooked throughout, add vegetables back to the skillet along with the reserved marinade.
- Serve with Rice. Enjoy!
You may also be interested in: