Biryani (Mix vegetable)
Biryani is the one of my most favorite and Popular recipe of our beloved country Pakistan.There is too much recipe of biryani I can share you one of my special recipe of veggie biryani.
• Half cup basmati rice washed & soaked 30 minutes
• 6 cups water
• 1-star anise
• 7 cloves
• 1-inch cinnamon stick / dalchini
• 1 bay leaf / tej patta
• 2 cardamom / elaichi
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp oil
• salt to taste
1. 4 tbsp oil/ghee
2. 1 onion, finely chopped
3. 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
4. 5 mushrooms, chopped
5. 6 cauliflower/gobi, florets
6. 1 potato, cubed
7. 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
8. 8 broccoli, florets
9. ½ tsp Turmeric powder / Haldi
10. 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
11. ¾ tsp coriander powder
12. 1½ tsp biryani masala
13. salt to taste
14. 1 cup water
15. ½ cup curd/yogurt
16. fistful mint/pudina
17. fistful coriander leaves, chopped
18. ¼ cup fried onion
Rice cooking recipe:
Firstly, in a vessel take water along with spices, salt, oil and basmati rice.
Cook the rice grains for approximately 10 minutes.
Then drain the rice and rinse with water.
- Firstly, in a large Kauai take oil/ghee.
- Then saute onions, ginger-garlic paste.
- Add vegetables of your choice and saute.
- Furthermore, add turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, and salt.
- Add water and curd, mix well.
- Also, add biryani masala.
- Add broccoli and tomatoes.
- Furthermore, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Now take a cup of masala stock and keep aside.
- Layer mint, cooked rice, reserved masala stock.
- Also layered with mint, coriander leaves, and fried onions.
- Finally, cover and cook for 20 minutes and serve.
If you add some mango pickle the taste of rice awsome(optional). Enjoy:
You may also be interested in: